Monday, April 7, 2008

The Light Box

After 1 1/2 years of wishful thinking, I finally got my light box! At the last child care conference I went to I met someone who custom builds furniture & asked him to build one for me, he put it together for $175.00 He also made me some tables & I was going to use the light box on the table, but the tables are a bit higher than I anticipated and with the box on top it's a bit high for the children. So I was thinking of just setting it on the floor (or rather, on a table top I have on the floor in our blocks area) & having them kneel around it. We'll see how this works.
I am guessing the children will all want to crowd around it initially! I'm also wondering if it is better to put it out during our opening work time (which is about an hour to an hour and a half as the children come in) or if I should bring it out during our morning meeting and discuss it before putting it out for work time. I am waiting until after our spring break to introduce it, as I've just made several major changes to the room & don't want to make too many changes at once. It's going to be an interesting provocation!

No comments:

Post a Comment