Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Check in...

Today we had more fun with the tree blocks, this time building on a mirrored surface to give an extra dimension to the building experience. I found the mirror at IKEA (big surprise!), it's quite reflective but also plastic-based so safe for block play (I tested it by dropping several large blocks on it & it withstood the abuse!). Highly recommend it for other teachers looking for a mirrored building surface.

Our new art shelf also came from IKEA (again, big surprise!). The kids helped me to assemble it, and I have to say they were better at the process than I was. Poor Ms. Heather put a panel upside-down & had to unscrew it and start over again--agh! Even the younger children were able to help. I still need to finish up & get the materials set up, in all of my spare time!


B has shown consistent interest in rhyming & a solid understanding of the concept, and L. wanted to play a rhyming game today so I tried to work it into group time. We read the book Miss Mary Mack and identified several rhyming words. The older kids did well with this activity, the younger children were very excited about writing but not quite ready for the whole turn-taking concept. I'll reserve these activities for a smaller group with the older kids next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment